The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency is accepting proposals
Install 50kW DC Fast Charging stations and Level 2 backup charging stations along highway corridors until November 25th, 2020
November 9, 2020
The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency is accepting proposals to install 50kW DC Fast Charging stations and Level 2 backup charging stations along highway corridors until November 25th, 2020.
A total of $2,660,000 is available. For each charger, up to $70,000 is available with a 20% cash match required. For-profit, nonprofit, and public entities (including state, local, and tribal governments) are eligible to apply. All applicants must plan to install chargers along the entire corridor selected.
Minnesota’s DOT is offering funding for a wide range of project types including projects that increase the availability of EVs and charging facilities. A letter of interest is due on December 7th, 2020, and the final application deadline is due February 15th, 2021.
• A 20% local match is required.
• A total of $2,000,000 is available.
• Per-project cap is $500,000.
Eligible applicants include:
• Local governments (city, town, township, or county)
• Regional transportation authorities
• Transit agencies that are eligible for funds as determined by the FTA
• School districts and schools, including any public or nonprofit private schools
• Nonprofit organizations with a stated mission involving transportation and/or clean energy