DIRECTOR OF CLINICAL SERVICES-METROPOLITAN LOCATION-MPLS - Red Lake Band of Chippewa Indians
October 30, 2020
DIRECTOR OF CLINICAL SERVICES-METROPOLITAN LOCATION-MPLS
Red Lake Band of Chippewa Indians
Open: October 30, 2020-Until filled
Mino-B is a 110-unit apartment affordable housing building in South Minneapolis owned by Red Lake Nation. Red Lake Nation has partnered with the Native American Community Clinic to open a Wellness Center on the ground floor of the complex.
The Wellness Center will offer services that address the mind, body, and spirit of our patients and clients. The medical, behavioral and chemical health programs will be patient centered and rooted in Indigenous Cultural Values. We are seeking an experienced Director of Clinical Services to oversee the day-to-day operations of these services, including; program development, staff hiring, orientation, training, Clinical Services Performance Management, Process Improvement, Utilization, Intake and Professional Coaching. This role will provide leadership, direction and support for services to develop procedures, workflows and ensure best practices are employed to achieve quality outcomes, reduce/contain costs, and support a high-performance team culture.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Oversees the development of systems, policies, and procedures to achieve the overall goals and business objectives of the Wellness Center
• Collaborates with Native American Community Clinic, Red Lake programs and other key stakeholders to develop an effective, culturally-centered, care delivery model.
• Upholds the mission of Red Lake and Native American Community Clinic through developing program goals and objectives, and timely progress and completion of work plan to meet these objectives.
• Maintains knowledge and understanding of tribal licensing standards, clinical care guidelines and best practices, regulatory requirements, and provider engagement and productivity metrics.
• Responsible for ensuring policies and procedures are kept up-to-date and comply with both Red Lake and NACC standards of care and that policies are applied consistently and in a manner that supports the operations of the Wellness Center.
• Responsible for fiscal, clinical, and administrative stewardship of the clinic, including compliance, risk management, and quality improvement.
• Work closely with internal and external evaluators to establish systems for data collection and monitoring, and reporting to ensure all goals are being met and submitted.
• Responsible for developing and monitoring of annual budget, modifications, and forecasting of revenue and expenses in partnership with finance.
• Works effectively with finance to ensure efficient billing and auditing.
• Responsible for ensuring contracts and memorandums of understands (MOUs) are developed and updated as needed, evaluates compliance, and maintains effective working relationships with partners.
• Hires, supervises, mentors, evaluates, schedules, promotes, corrective action of paid and volunteer personnel within the department.
• Works with other members of the management team at both NACC and Red Lake to assure successful communication and coordination between departments and programs.
• Develops and provides mentorship to employees, trainees, and volunteers within the program based on their goals and the goals of the agency and program. Sets and monitors productivity goals. Responsible for performance evaluation and performance improvement plans.
• Maintain compliance with regulatory requirements for tribally licensed health program, state clinical licensure boards, and federal grant requirements.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Directly supervises behavioral health, chemical health and medical employee and services, and support with clinical operations.
• RN, LICSW, LMFT, LP, LPCC of MN, or MD
• Master's Degree in healthcare administration or clinical background. Five years of experience providing administrative oversight of clinical programs with supervision of clinical / provider staff, prefer grant management skills and experience.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.