Special Education Paraprofessional (Multiple Positions) - Independent Schools District No. 38
October 28, 2020
Independent Schools District No. 38
Red Lake, MN 56671
Internal & External Posting: 10/27/20 – 11/06/2020
Position Description: Special Education Paraprofessional (Multiple Positions)
Supervisor: Assigned special education instructor.
Bargaining Group: Minnesota School Employees Association
Terms: Fulltime – 9 month employee
Position Overview: To provide educational assistance to identified special education students.
Major Position Duties:
1. If assigned to an individual student, the paraprofessional is responsible for implementing the student's IEP goals and objectives under the direct supervision of the student's special education case manager.
2. If assigned to a general special education class, the paraprofessional is responsible for providing assistance to a group of students under the direct supervision of the student's special education case manager.
3. Student assistance shall include:
1. Tutoring and daily lesson support/help; correcting a student's work
2. At the direction of the case manager, contact parents for meetings, mail correspondence, make arrangements for field trips.
3. Assist the case manager or instructor as needed with student behavior, maintain student behavior point sheets; write up discipline referrals; manage time out with student.
4. Assist in both indoor and outdoor play and sports with students.
5. Escort students to and from classrooms to other locations
6. Personal care as needed.
4. Other responsibilities:
1. Prompt daily attendance at school
2. Lunchroom and bus supervision duty.
3. Filing and duplicating materials.
4. Attendance at IEP staff meetings
5. Other duties as assigned.
1. Associates Degree, 64 college credits or passed Para-pro Exam.
2. CPI Training, First Aid Training and CPR Training preferred.
3. Previous experience working with students identified with Developmental Delays
5. Good communication, computer and organizational skills, personal appearance and a cooperative attitude required.
6. Willingness to assist where needed and the ability to establish good working relationships is essential.
To apply send complete District application to: Ashley VanHorn, Human Resources, Red Lake School District #38, PO Box 499, Red Lake, MN 56671. Veterans Preference and Native American Preference.