School Health Paraprofessional - Red Lake Schools #38
October 28, 2020
Posted 10/27/20 – 11/06/2020
Position Title: School Health Paraprofessional – Secondary Complex
Bargaining Group: Minnesota School Employees' Association
Terms: 9 month employee
Position Overview: Responsible for contributing to improved student achievement and realization of the school and district vision by managing and coordinating the assigned school's health services program based on requirements established by school division policies, procedures, and protocols, and by local, state and national regulations and statues.
Major Position Duties:
REGULAR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: List of things to accomplish in job function NECESSARY SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILTIES:
What you should know or accomplish in job function? PERFORMANCE STANDARDS: How will you know the job is done?
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
• Assess students and implement first aid measures for students as needed.
• Ensure compliance with school health procedures and protocols.
• Assists with student/patient personal hygiene as needed.
• Monitors student/patient physical and mental conditions.
• Provide nursing care and physical screening to students.
• Administer daily and PRN (as needed) medications and nursing care procedures prescribed by the student's physician.
• Initiate emergency procedures for students and staff as needed.
• Assist in the development of Individual Health Care Plans and 504 Plans for students on a case by case basis.
• Follow procedures for suspected cases of child abuse and neglect.
• Identify enrolled students who have disclosed that they are pregnant.
• Provide appropriate contact information to students for private and community resources.
• Ability to use clinic/medical equipment; possess basic pharmacological knowledge.
• Assess emergency situations and act accordingly.
• Certified CPR/First Aid
• Good oral and written communication skills;
• Basic computer skills.
• Willing attitude to be a part of the school team; strong sense of
• Highly organized.
• Motivated, positive attitude.
• Participate in ongoing professional and staff development, both independently and through system-offered opportunities.
• Ability to Facilitate responsible decision making practices when assessing students.
• Ability to facilitate responsible decision making practices when assessing students.
Requires standing, sitting, repetitious hand and body movements, simple grasping, pushing pulling, fine motor and gross motor skills, bending, lifting, squatting, kneeling, climbing, and reaching. Ability to lift students as required and has the stamina to stand all day, every day of the week as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
Valid CPR certification
Possession of a valid driver's license
• First aid measures were implemented for students when there was a need.
• Health procedures and protocols are compliant with laws and regulations.
• Student personal hygiene is addressed. Materials and information were provided.
• Student physical and mental conditions were identified efficiently.
• Nursing care was provided when needed.
• Physical screening for students were completed.
• Medications were distributed as prescribed.
• Nursing care procedures where completed as prescribed.
• Emergency procedures were followed correctly.
• IHCP's and 504 plans were completed properly and in a timely manner.
• All child abuse and neglect suspected cases were reported.
• Pregnant students were identified.
• Contact information for resources available were provided and accessible.
• Implement and record required screening programs; notify parents when further medical evaluation is indicated.
• Establish and update health and immunization records.
• Prepare and maintain student health records and prepare required reports.
• Maintain student sign in logs for all visits to the School Health Office.
• Student immunization records are current and update in student accounting software.
• Immunization reports are filed with local and state agencies in a timely manner.
• Students health recorded are properly maintained and filed.
• Visit are accurately recorded and filed correctly.
• Maintain health office equipment.
• Maintain approved consumable supplies inventory.
• Act as a liaison between the school, home health department professionals, and other community agencies.
• Other duties as assigned. General Responsibilities
• Health Office equipment is in good working order.
• A well maintained inventory of approved First Aid supplies and consumables is kept on hand in the Health Office.
• School Health Professional works in partnership with local and state health agencies.
• Contacts with parents are professional.
Verification of Competency
Completed District application and resume'.
Documentation to support the qualifications requirements as listed above.
Three letters of reference from former employers or other professional resources.
Successful completion of employment interview.
To apply send complete District application, cover letter, resume, and credentials send to: Human Resource, Red Lake School District #38, PO Box 499, Red Lake, MN 56671.
Red Lake Schools #38
(218) 679-5102 Office
(218) 679-2321 Fax