Bus Driver - Independent Schools District No. 38
October 5, 2020
Independent Schools District No. 38
Red Lake, MN 56671
Posted: October 1, 2020; Until Filled
Position Description: Bus Driver
Supervisor: Transportation Director
Bargaining Group: Minnesota School Employees' Association
Terms: Nine (9) month employee
Position Overview: To transport children to and from school in a safe and timely manner, as well as perform safety checks of the bus, maintain records and monitor student behavior
Major Position Duties:
1. Drive school bus in accordance with laws, rules and regulations established by the State of Minnesota and/or the school district.
2. Make daily pre-trip inspections according to policy.
3. Follow proper warm-up and cool down procedures for diesel and gas buses.
4. Schedule bus maintenance.
5. Maintain fuel supply in tanks and other fluids.
6. Clean bus inside and out.
7. Report in writing any bus deficiencies or repairs as needed.
8. Follow route schedules, time changes as established by the transportation department.
9. Maintain current bus rider lists, mileage and route schedules and necessary maps and reports.
10. Notify the transportation department of route changes that may be advantageous to the District.
11. Fill out discipline reports and file with office when necessary.
12. Account for all students during emergency situations.
13. Monitor student behavior, enforcing all rules within adopted administrative procedures.
14. Attend meetings and in-service trainings as required.
15. Provide transportation department with necessary information for emergency call-up.
16. All other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or GED
2. Must possess a First Aide Certificate.
3. Must possess a Commercial Driver's License with bus endorsement.
4. Knowledge of pre-trip inspection procedures.
5. Knowledge of school bus mechanical operations and performance.
6. Knowledge of school bus laws, rules and regulations of the School District and State of Minnesota governing the delivery of children.
7. Knowledge of emergency procedures, two-way radio, road and highway hazards.
8. Knowledge of District policy regarding student discipline
9. Ability to follow directions and communicate effectively, good personal appearance and a cooperative attitude required
10. Willingness to assist where needed and the ability to establish good working relationships are essential.
Bus Drivers will work variable hours based on their assignment; the basic workday shall consist of either a 4 hour, 6 hour or 8 hour shift.
Paid training is available on a limited basis and per requirements set forth by the District. Please contact Michael Nelson for further details at (218) 679-3353 ext. 1836.
To apply send complete District application, cover letter, resume, and credentials to: Ashley VanHorn, Human Resource Coordinator, Red Lake School District #38, PO Box 499, Red Lake, MN 56671. Position closes: Open till filled.
Red Lake Schools #38
(218) 679-5102 Office
(218) 679-2321 Fax