ASSISTANT COOK - RED LAKE REGIONAL CRIMINAL JUSTICE COMPLEX
October 5, 2020
RED LAKE REGIONAL CRIMINAL JUSTICE COMPLEX
Open: September 30, 2020-Until filled
Assist with providing nutritious meals for inmates by ensuring a safe, clean and sanitary environment, this position does not have supervisory responsibility; reports to Administrator, part-time position no benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Development of specifications for procurement of food, equipment and supplies.
• Organizing, cleaning, of kitchen/dining area as well as washing and caring for kitchen utensils and equipment.
• Monitoring evaluation of food served for conformance to quality standards.
• Knowledge of health and safety standards.
• Must be knowledgeable in public health rules for handling food.
• Minimizing food costs and spoilage to minimize waste.
• Scheduling time to cover all meals and clean up.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or GED certificate.
• Knowledge of the concepts and standards of basic food services.
• Familiarity with the Data Privacy Act and be of high stable character with the proven ability to maintain strict standards of behavior and confidentiality.
• Establishes and maintains an effective working relationship with people of varied economic, educational, and cultural backgrounds.
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must pass a criminal records background check without any felony convictions and must never have been convicted of Domestic Violence.
• Possess a valid Minnesota driver's license and provide proof of a clean driving record.
• Agree to maintain a drug-free workplace and submit to employee drug testing.
• Physically capable of handling job requirements and working long hours when needed.
• Employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug test and background check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates are accepted at Government Center – Human Resources Department - P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 - (218) 679-1847.