Senior Accountant - Red Lake, Inc., dba: Ogaakaaning Enterprises
September 24, 2020
Red Lake, Inc., dba: Ogaakaaning Enterprises
Opens September 15, 2020-Closes: Until Filled
23884 Hwy 1 E.
Red Lake, MN 56671
The Senior Accountant is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the corporation in accordance with GAAP issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, and other regulatory and advisory organizations and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the industry. The Senior Accountant will provide leadership, management and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, offer an competitive salary, systems in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the fiscal function and performance for multiple companies.
• Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
• Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends to assist the CFO, CEO, the Board and other senior management.
• Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
• Provides technical financial advice and knowledge by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
• Maintains financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
• Work with external accountants to complete required year-end audit.
• Responsible for establishing, evaluating and implementing sound financial controls.
• Minimum experience: Five Years as a Accountant
• Minimum education: BS in Accounting
• Experience with inventory controls
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
• Experience with Great Plains/Microsoft Dynamics, a plus
• Manufacturing Accounting experience
• $55,000-$65,000 salary commensurate with experience.
• Comprehensive benefits package.
• Native American Preference
• Prior experience working with Tribal entities a plus.
• Demonstrates a Strong Commitment to cultural beliefs and values of the Red Lake Nation and the governing Tribal Council.
• Practice cultural sensitivity at all times, recognizing the respective diverse work styles within the organization and the Red Lake Community.
• Must submit to a drug test prior to commencing employment and random testing thereafter.
For Additional Information, please contact:
Red Lake, Inc. HR Manager Mary Graves at (218) 679-1181
Required: Criminal back ground check.
As an employee of Red Lake Inc. he/she will be subject to policies and procedures of the Red Lake Nation.
To apply: Please contact/send resume with three references to Mary Graves or mail to Red Lake Inc. PO Box 592, Red Lake, MN 56671
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt
Pay: From $55,000.00 per year