Grants Compliance Assistant - RED LAKE NATION HEAD START
September 11, 2020
Grants Compliance Assistant
RED LAKE NATION HEAD START
Open: September 10, 2020-Untill filled
The Grants Compliance Assistant will work with the Red Lake Head Start Director to support successful grant administration by means of facilitating procedural compliance on awarded grants. The Grant Compliance Assistant assists the Red Lake Nation Head Start Director to understand the compliance obligations of the grant awards and their binding commitments, budgeting and tracking expenditures. Must read all contracts and relevant regulations concerning the grant fund. Must be able to understand the proper use of grant funds to ensure that all compliance reporting is accurate. To ensure the Grant requirements are being met the Grants Assistant will develop positive rapport with the appropriate Federal Grant Program Officers. Reports to the Head Start Director, full time position with benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Work directly with the appropriate Program Director.
• Assist Program Director by analyzing, interpreting and applying Federal statutes, rules and regulations regarding grant administration.
• Provides Grant oversight to ensure compliance with grant requirements.
• Provide assistance with Grant Accountant the formulation and implementation of Red Lake Nation policies and procedures as they affect the administration of the grant.
• Develop Materials; provide training and oversight to facilitate the preparation of reports and documentation required by grant agency.
• Ensures that funding is used in accordance with grant requirements.
• Ensure compliance with Federal and Red Lake Nation requirements regarding procurement, purchasing regulations, and equipment inventory.
• Follow up on issues raised by the Grant Program Officers.
• Compiles a variety of statistics and data.
• Prepares required reports in adherence to grant guidelines.
• When necessary, draft plans to bring non-compliant grant program into compliance.
• Perform other duties when assigned.
• Associates of Arts Degree with three (3) years' of experience with grant/contract administration management compliance.
• Comprehensive knowledge of Federal Government laws and guidelines for administration of federally funded grant projects.
• Familiarity with Government Reporting.
• Demonstrated knowledge of federal and local laws, regulations and requirements that govern grants administration.
• Analytical, report writing and strong communication skills.
• Acting as a team player and facilitating team work.
• Respond positively to critical feedback.
• Must pass pre-employment drug test.
• Must have Current Driver License.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.