1-JAG ADVOCATE - EQUAY WIIGAMIG/GIIWITAA ODODEWISIWIN/ONJIBAA PROGRAMS
August 26, 2020
EQUAY WIIGAMIG/GIIWITAA ODODEWISIWIN/ONJIBAA PROGRAMS
Open: August 17, 2020
Closing: August 31, 2020 @ 12:00 p.m.
To increase public safety in our reservation through intervention activities/services addressing drugs & alcohol abuse. Reports to Director, full-time position w/benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Provide assistance to victims as needed.
• Provide counseling/advocacy/culturally sensitive guidance to victims when needed.
• JAG Advocate will provide connections to cultural resources.
• Make referrals to necessary departments to enhance victim services.
• Work in conjunction with Law Enforcement/Tribal Courts to assist victims.
• Provide culturally sensitive materials and/or prevention activities to victims.
• Submit monthly reports to Director.
• Other duties as assigned.
• G.E.D/High School Diploma.
• Must possess knowledge of traditional, cultural practices that promote a good healthy lifestyle or "good life" as it is referred to in our teachings.
• Must possess the ability to work in a team approach with the willingness to work collaboratively with various programs on behalf of the known and unknown victims and the services they require.
• Must have experience and/or training that address services for victims of abuse/violence.
• Must receive/make referrals and accompany victims to culturally specific services/ceremonies.
• Must adhere to Confidentiality, Data Privacy Act.
• Must abide by the program's Code of Ethics.
• Must have a valid Minnesota Driver's license and auto insurance.
• Employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug test and background check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas accepted at Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 – Fax (218)-679-4176.