Navajo Nation COVID-19 Update: Seven News Cases; Death Toll at 473
August 12, 2020
WINDOW ROCK, Ariz. - On Monday, the Navajo Department of Health, in coordination with the Navajo Epidemiology Center and the Navajo Area Indian Health Service, reported seven new COVID-19 positive cases for the Navajo Nation and one more death. The total number of deaths now totals 473 as of Monday. Reports indicate that 6,878 individuals have recovered from COVID-19. 85,772 COVID-19 tests have been administered. The total number of COVID-19 positive cases is 9,315 and negative tests total 71,972.
Navajo Nation COVID-19 positive cases by Service Unit:
· Chinle Service Unit: 2,256
· Crownpoint Service Unit: 777
· Ft. Defiance Service Unit: 720
· Gallup Service Unit: 1,502
· Kayenta Service Unit: 1,282
· Shiprock Service Unit: 1,457
· Tuba City Service Unit: 878
· Winslow Service Unit: 439
* Four residences with COVID-19 positive cases are not specific enough to place them accurately in a Service Unit.