LTH CASE MANAGER - RED LAKE HOMELESS SHELTER
July 22, 2020
LTH CASE MANAGER
RED LAKE HOMELESS SHELTER
Open: July 22, 2020
Closing: July 31, 2020 @ 12:00 p.m.
The Case Manager will work from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday occasional evening /weekends hours, reports to Executive Director, full-time position with benefits, salary; $ 15.00 hourly.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Provide the following essential components of Long Term Homeless case management to shelter residents and other program participants, both at the shelter and in other locations.
1. Assessment: Work with participants to assess strengths and identify barriers to permanent housing.
2. Plan development: Develop specific, individualized service plans based on the assessments.
3. Coordination of services: Connect participants to necessary services; coordinate services and work with other service providers to ensure access, eligibility and follow through by providers and participants.
4. Monitoring: Conduct an ongoing evaluation of the participants' progress through the plan, reassessment and adjustments to the plan.
• Read daily shelter log to keep updated on relevant information, make daily entries of information pertinent to shelter operation.
• Understand and maintain resident/client confidentiality and data privacy standards.
• Understand status as a mandated reporter of child or vulnerable adult maltreatment.
• Build positive informal relationships with residents, teaching functional life skills by example in the areas of home management, parenting, budgeting, etc.
• Participate in staff meetings, in-service training, and other relevant training.
• Refer non-standard situations to Executive Director for final decision.
• Create client files including all relevant assessment, plan and evaluation information, and update regularly.
• Keep updated resource information on local and regional human services, and make these available for all shelter staff.
• Establish and maintain positive networking relationships with other Tribal Program staff and area human service agency staff to facilitate resident/client referrals.
• Attend community meetings as requested by Executive Director.
• Other functions of Homeless Shelter as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in human services related filed or equivalent work experience.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills, basic computer skills.
• Two years' experience of working with homeless people.
• Knowledge of and experience working with Native American people.
• Must have phone, reliable and insured vehicle, valid Minnesota driver's license.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.