Navajo Nation COVID-19 Death Toll Reaches 422 as Leaders Try To Flatten the Curve
July 21, 2020
WINDOW ROCK, Ariz. – On Sunday, the Navajo Department of Health, in coordination with the Navajo Epidemiology Center and the Navajo Area Indian Health Service, reported 25 new COVID-19 positive cases for the Navajo Nation and seven more deaths. The total number of deaths has reached 422 as of Saturday.
Reports indicate that approximately 6,360 individuals have recovered from COVID-19. 72,804 people have been tested for COVID-19. The total number of COVID-19 positive cases for the Navajo Nation is 8,593.
Navajo Nation COVID-19 positive cases by Service Unit:
• Chinle Service Unit: 2,147
• Crownpoint Service Unit: 729
• Ft. Defiance Service Unit: 582
• Gallup Service Unit: 1,395
• Kayenta Service Unit: 1,214
• Shiprock Service Unit: 1,357
• Tuba City Service Unit: 792
• Winslow Service Unit: 374