BILLING CLERK - ACCOUNTING DEPARTMENT
July 21, 2020
Open: July 17, 2020
Closing: July 31, 2020 @12:00 p.m.
Under the direction of the Billing Supervisor, the Billing Clerk is responsible for all clients accounting and related functions, including accounts receivable, billing, credit and collections. Reports to Billing Supervisor, full time positions w/benefits, salary: DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Develop and maintain procedures for efficient, accurate, and confidential processing of client registration information and encounters related to eligibility determination, insurance coverage and fee collection.
• Correlate client records and registration information and submit billing/claims with required documentation on a weekly basis to third-party insurers.
• Follow up on claims to track aging and payment status, and resubmit claims when required to make corrections or maximize revenue.
• Identify, establish relationships with and maintain familiarity with the requirements of third-party insurers, including state and federal health services programs benefiting Center clients, to improve client revenue.
• Monitor and reconcile third-party insurance remittance and cash collections.
• Institute payment plans with clients where required, such as when there are problems paying the assigned fee, delinquent accounts, and third-party insurance in not covered at the Center.
• Be available to advise clients of insurance options they and/or their families may be eligible for, and help facilitate the application process.
• Prepare and distribute or disseminate informational materials available from other sources to Center clients on health and human services available within the county, including type of benefits, eligibility requirements and how and where to apply.
• Must be able to work at all applicable locations.
• Availability to work all operational hours as needed.
• Other tasks and projects as assigned by supervisor, manager, and/or director.
• Associates Degree in general accounting, business, medical billing and coding preferred.
• Proven experience as billing clerk or general accounting experience
• Adherence to laws and confidentiality guidelines.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, knowledge of relevant software will be appreciated.
• Excellent math ability
• Excellent organizational/communication skills, both written and oral.
• Must have a valid Minnesota Driver's license and auto insurance
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.