CUSTODIAN/MAINTENANCE WORKER - RED LAKE REGIONAL CRIMINAL JUSTICE COMPLEX
July 15, 2020
RED LAKE REGIONAL CRIMINAL JUSTICE COMPLEX
Open: July 13, 2020
Closing: July 31, 2020 @ 12:00 p.m.
Keep Facility Management buildings and office areas clean and in an orderly condition by performing routine maintenance on a daily basis; reports to Detention Administrator, full-time position with benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Sweeps, mops, scrubs, and vacuums hallways and office space
• Cleans washrooms, including disinfecting toilet bowls and sinks
• Cleans windows, inside and outside on a regular basis
• Fills paper towels and toilet paper dispensers as needed
• Empties trash and garbage containers
• Cleans and shovels snow and debris from sidewalk
• Trims shrubbery and does general cleaning and pick up of the buildings grounds
• Maintains buildings by performing minor and routing painting, plumbing, electrical and other related maintenance activities
• Notifies management concerning need for major repairs or additions to lighting, heating and ventilating equipment
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma/ or G.E.D
• One (1) year of experience involving janitorial/maintenance work
• Knowledge of methods, equipment and materials used in cleaning
• Must possess the ability to perform manual labor and lift up to 25lbs
• Must possess the ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
• Must have a valid Minnesota Driver's license
• Must have no felony convictions
• Employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug test and background check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates are accepted at Government Center – Human Resources Department - P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 - (218) 679-1847.