Ombimindwaa Title IV-E Worker - DEPARTMENT: RED LAKE FAMILY & CHILDREN SERVICES
June 22, 2020
TITLE: Ombimindwaa Title IV-E Worker
DEPARTMENT: RED LAKE FAMILY & CHILDREN SERVICES
OPEN: June 19, 2020
CLOSE: July 1, 2020 @ 3:00 p.m.
Ombimindwaa provides and arranges an array of culturally based intensive helping and healing services to families. This position is responsible to the Title IV-E program, ensuring records are compliant to maximize IV-E reimbursements to the program. This position is responsible for performing eligibility and assessments of IV-E, and MA, ensuring every client - assigned IV-E file is compliant with IV-E Federal audit mandates. Full-time position w/benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• This position is responsible for Title IV-E work within Ombimindwaa, ensuring the program has audit ready IV-E files
• This position is responsible for maximizing Title IV-E reimbursements on assigned relatives, ensuring quarterly IV-E Abstract report is complete, accurate, and audit ready.
• This position is responsible for ensuring foster care, and guardianship payments operate smoothly each month and are accurate.
• This position is responsible to uphold and demonstrate agency values, teamwork, and commitments to community
• Participate in community service provider meetings and training activities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of Title IV-E compliance
• Knowledge of MAPCY and placement costs
• Knowledge of state reimbursements for placements
• Knowledge of MAXIS and SSIS
• Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules that all impact IV-E and MA
• Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, the financial markets and the analysis and reporting of financial data to aid in budget preparation for placement costs
• Bachelors or Associates degree in business, accounting or related field; or
• 2 years' experience working with business, accounting, financial services or other services that includes financial record keeping, compliance, or accounting
• Ability to complete MAXIS certification
• Ability to pass criminal background check
• Must be able to work outside of typical schedule when major projects and deadlines are due
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.