Foster Care Worker - DEPARTMENT: RED LAKE FAMILY & CHILDREN SERVICES
June 22, 2020
TITLE: Foster Care Worker
DEPARTMENT: RED LAKE FAMILY & CHILDREN SERVICES
OPEN: June 19, 2020
CLOSE: July 1, 2020 @ 3:00 p.m.
Ombimindwaa Gidinawemaganinaadog provides and arranges an array of culturally based intensive helping and healing services to families, that is supportive and understanding of individual, family, and community needs; engaging families through a strength-based lens that is family centered, respects the dignity and worth of families, and promotes respect and self-determination. This position is responsible for licensing Red Lake foster homes, ensuring records are compliant, work is thorough. Responsible for ensuring homes are licensed meeting all Tribally mandated requirements and that records reflect compliance. Ensures assigned licensed homes are monitored for ongoing licensing compliance. Ensures assigned licensed homes receive orientation training, and are meeting set training hours annually for licensure renewals. Responsible for ensuring concerns are reported to higher management so that issues are addressed, risks are minimized for children placed in Red Lake licensed foster homes. Ensuring foster home needs are represented with case workers and management. Full-time position w/benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Ensures audit ready foster care files for all homes assigned
• Responsible for licensing of assigned Red Lake foster homes
• Responsible for ensuring foster care, guardianship, and customary adoption payments operate smoothly each month and are accurate.
• Responsible for ensuring monitoring and compliance of foster homes toward mitigating risks for children placed in licensed foster homes.
• Responsible for ensuring training of foster homes
• Responsible for advocacy on behalf of children in foster care and adults providing foster care
• Responsible to uphold and demonstrate agency values, teamwork, and commitments to community
• Collaborate with Ombimindwaa coworkers
• Associates degree in human services, childcare, or related field; or
• 2 years’ experience working in compliance, childcare, FCS, human services, or licensing
• Must possess a valid driver’s license, reliable automobile, and car insurance
• Ability to pass drug screening tests
• Ability to pass criminal background check
• Must be able to work outside of typical schedule when major projects and deadlines are due
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.