Family Preservation Case Manager - DEPARTMENT: RED LAKE FAMILY & CHILDREN SERVICES
June 22, 2020
TITLE: Family Preservation Case Manager
DEPARTMENT: RED LAKE FAMILY & CHILDREN SERVICES
OPEN: June 19, 2020
CLOSE: July 1, 2020 @ 3:00 p.m.
Ombimindwaa Gidinawemaganinaadog provides and arranges an array of culturally based intensive helping and healing services to families, that is supportive and understanding of individual, family, and community needs; engaging families through a strength-based lens that is family centered, respects the dignity and worth of families, and promotes respect and self-determination. This position is responsible for performing individual and family needs assessments in low risk situations to develop case plans and provide resource referrals in order to assist families with needs and safely maintain children in the home. The focus is to improve the issues identified by the family, which may include safety and well-being factors, reduce risk factors, increase protective factors, increase competence in parenting factors and abilities, and/or family stabilization. Accept voluntary cases, cases that involve children's mental health or adolescent substance abuse, or lower risk cases wherein families are in need of supportive services. Services are primarily provided in a family's home, with staff focusing efforts on building rapport, trust, and engagement with families. Full-time position w/benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Development of mutually agreed upon case plans for children and families that address and mitigate family safety and risk issues that led families to Ombimindwaa
• Provide case management services for children and families that address and mitigate family safety and risk issues
• Conduct in-home family services to improve family functioning and reduce
• Collaborate with service providers for improved outcomes for families
• Foster and Maintain Relationships
• Provide information for eligibility determinations and re-determinations for foster care candidacy
• Provide Agency representation in Red Lake Tribal Court
• Bachelor's degree in social work, psychology, criminal justice, or relation field preferred; or 5 years of experience in human services, education, family services, criminal justice working with families and community cultural knowledge
• Ability to pass criminal background check, drug screening and remain free from substance abuse issues during employment
• Must possess a valid driver's license, reliable automobile and insurance throughout employment
• Must be in good standing in the Indian community
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.