Case Aid - DEPARTMENT: RED LAKE FAMILY & CHILDREN SERVICES
June 22, 2020
TITLE: Case Aid
DEPARTMENT: RED LAKE FAMILY & CHILDREN SERVICES
OPEN: June 19, 2020
CLOSE: July 1, 2020 @ 3:00 p.m.
Ombimindwaa provides and arranges an array of culturally based intensive helping and healing services to families. This position is responsible for assisting case managers with providing services to families to safely reunify children with their caregivers or preserve the family. Case Aids build relationships and reunify the family by getting clients to family-centered services, visitation, and other supports and monitoring activities. Case Aids serve as a secondary but important contact for families when they try to contact the Case Manager. Full-time position w/benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Assist with case plans and case management services for children and families that address and mitigate family safety and risk issues and address well-being
• Foster and Maintain Relationships
• Complete necessary documentation required by the Agency
• Participate in Agency clinical supervision
• Participate in staff meetings and training activities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of child development, family dynamics, Anishinaabe child rearing
• Knowledge of family safety and risk factors in the Anishinaabe community
• Knowledge of mental health, chemical health and in-home services providers
• Knowledge of case planning
• Skilled in support of co-workers and advocating on behalf of clients
• High school diploma
• Ability to pass a Federal criminal background check
• Ability to pass drug screening and remain free from substance abuse issues during employment
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.