Red Lake Nation News - Babaamaajimowinan (Telling of news in different places)

Access to COVID-19 FEMA Funding for Tribal Governments

 


When President Trump declared a national emergency due to the spread of COVID-19 on March 19, 2020, it activated eligible tribal, state, and local governments’ access to Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) emergency funding. Tribes do not need a separate disaster declaration to gain access to FEMA funding, according to the FEMA Assistance for Tribal Governments fact sheet published March 26.

As of now, FEMA Public Assistance will provide 75 percent federal funds with the remaining 25 percent of eligible costs being the responsibility of the tribal government. This cost-sharing is the same regardless of whether the tribe receives public assistance as a direct recipient or a sub-recipient.

https://www.natlawreview.com/article/access-to-covid-19-fema-funding-tribal-governments

 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019

Rendered 05/17/2020 16:25