Plumbing/HVAC Systems Coordinator - Red Lake School District, ISD #38
April 30, 2020
Plumbing/HVAC Systems Coordinator
Red Lake School District, ISD #38
P.O. Box 499, Red Lake, MN 56671
218-679-3353 ext. 1001
"...where each child is valued, life long-learning is embraced and students are empowered to become Red Lake Nation ambassadors in the global community."
When the Children thrive, the Nation Thrives
Posted 04/29/2020 – 05/09/2020
Red Lake School District #38 is accepting applications for Plumbing/HVAC Systems Coordinator:
Position Title: Plumbing/HVAC Systems Coordinator
Supervisor: Facilities and Grounds Director
Bargaining Group: Non-Union
Terms: Fulltime – 12 month; Non-Exempt
Qualifications: Licensed as a Master Plumber in the State of Minnesota or possess an HVAC diploma or certification from an accredited post-secondary school with a minimum of 2-years commercial field experience. Valid driver's license, high school diploma/GED, background check and drug/alcohol screening
Position Overview (Basic Purpose of Position): Coordinate, execute, maintain, repair and install all types of plumbing equipment, domestic water systems, sewer systems and related devices. Perform preventative maintenance (PM) programs, inspections and repairs; maintain and repair kitchen equipment and respond to calls and maintain propane distribution systems. Maintain HVAC systems and controls.
Major Position Duties:
REGULAR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
List of things to accomplish in job function NECESSARY SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILTIES
What you should know or be able to accomplish in job function PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
How will you know the job is done?
1. Coordinate, troubleshoot, repair, inspect and maintain plumbing equipment including, but not limited to facets, lavatories, toilets, flush valves, sinks water heaters, drinking fountains, domestic water heaters and boilers, garbage disposals, back flow devices and valves.
2. Perform preventative maintenance inspections and repairs in district facilities including, but not limited to, domestic water systems and related devices and sanitary waste drainage.
3. Repair water lines, domestic recirculating lines and sewer lines.
4. Receive and complete electronic work orders for plumbing and HVAC issues at district sites.
5. Install new plumbing fixtures and equipment.
6. Perform preventative maintenance inspections
7. Maintain and repair propane gas service valves and equipment.
8. Recommend future repair needs.
9. Develop plumbing and HVAC capital project scopes and cost estimates.
10. Service reduced pressure zone devices (RPZ).
11. Ensure that equipment is in safe operating condition.
12. Follow established safety procedures.
13. Other duties as assigned consistent with the job function.
14. Adjust equipment to ensure optimal performance. Knowledge of:
1. District policies and procedures.
2. Computer technology and software applications.
3. Building plans
1. Communicate/relate with people.
2. Plan and organize.
3. Manage time
4. Maintain confidentiality.
5. Perform mathematical operations.
6. Ability to read blue prints.
7. Self-starter and ability to work independently.
1. All repair work orders have been completed in a timely and efficient manner.
2. Plumbing and HVAC systems are compliant with current regulatory codes.
3. All plumbing equipment and fixtures are in proper working.
4. Heating and cooling systems are operational and well maintained.
5. Plumbing and HVAC preventative maintenance programs are completed according to schedule.
6. Tools and equipment are maintained and in safe operating order.
7. Repair and service heating, ventilating systems to improve efficiency such as changing filters, cleaning ducts and/or refilling non-toxic refrigerants
8. All plumbing and HVAC systems have be regularly inspected.
9. Adjust controls as needed to maintain comfortable environment
To apply, send complete District application, cover letter, resume, and credentials to: Human Resources, Red Lake School District #38, PO Box 499, Red Lake, MN 56671, fax to (218)679-2321, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Red Lake Schools #38
(218) 679-5102 Office
(218) 679-2321 Fax