DISPENSING NURSE - (MARS Medication Assisted Recovery Services) - CHEMICAL HEALTH PROGRAMS
April 13, 2020
(MARS Medication Assisted Recovery Services)
CHEMICAL HEALTH PROGRAMS
Open: April 7, 2020 – Until Filled
Responsible for administering anti-relapse medication to patients for the management of opiate dependence. Conduct nursing assessments, administer medications via; provider order, make does adjustments according to medical protocol, and reports all patient concerns to the lead nurse or medical provider to ensure patient safety. Reports to Lead Nurse, full-time position with benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Conducts daily nursing assessments and evaluation for multiple patients to determine appropriateness for medication administration, inform dose adjustments, and ensure patient safety is held to highest standard.
• Assists clients through the medical intake and induction process.
• The admission of process includes collecting blood, urine samples, conducting the clinical opiate withdrawal scale assessment, coordinating a provider visit, obtaining medical orders, administering initial medication dose and monitoring patient response.
• Communication progress and concerns to the client care team to ensure a planned approach for comprehensive treatment is provided to the patient.
• Assures the clients health record and medical chart are complete, current, and compliant; including consent forms, releases of information, nursing assessments, urine drug screen results, dosing history, medical orders, and nursing notes.
• Works collaboratively with clinical staff to ensure patients are achieving treatment expectations.
• Reports all medical concerns to the lead nurse or medical provider to determine solutions and maintain patient safety.
• Maintains client confidentiality according to federal rules, regulations and tribal guidelines.
• Participate in ongoing training and professional development.
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma/GED Certificate.
• Valid Minnesota Nursing (LPN or RN) license.
• Prefer: Six (6) months of Nursing experience.
• Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Office programs, and Electronic Health Records.
• Must possess a valid driver's license and automobile insurance.
• Must be a team player, dependable, and work well in a busy, stressful, clinic environment.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are accepted at the Government Center - Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Fax (218)-679-4176.