Red Lake Band restricts access to Red Lake Indian Reservation with Medical Martial Law
April 6, 2020
RED LAKE, MN - At 5 PM on Friday, April 3, 2020, the Red Lake Band of Chippewa Indians declared Medical Martial Law on the Red Lake Indian Reservation, restricting access to the Reservation. A 10 PM - 6 AM Curfew, issued earlier last month, would still be in effect, as well.
Red Lake Nation Tribal Members, community members and other individuals may enter the Red Lake Indian Reservation for the following circumstances:
* To shop for necessities during the hours of non-curfew, care for elders and vulnerable persons or others requiring assistance, attend medical appointments and go to and from employment, only if determined to be an essential employee.
* Semi-trucks will be allowed to deliver food to grocery stores on the Red Lake Nation or passing through to deliver food to another destination.
* Other Law Enforcement agency vehicles passing through to get to another jurisdiction off the Red Lake Indian Reservation.
* Funerals and wakes.
* Going home, taking Red Lake members or community member's home.
* Semi-trucks can pass through, unscheduled stops can lead to penalties.
Individuals may not enter the Red Lake Reservation for visiting purposes and individuals simply passing through.
This restriction will be in effective until further notice.
See also CHAIRMAN SEKI ISSUES EXECUTIVE ORDER: DECLARING MEDICAL MARSHALL LAW EFFECTIVE - FRIDAY, APRIL 3, 2020 - https://www.redlakenationnews.com/story/2020/04/03/news/chairman-seki-issues-executive-order-declaring-medical-marshall-law-effective-friday-april-3-2020/87953.html