CHILD CASE PRESENTER - RED LAKE NATION TRIBAL COURTS
April 3, 2020
CHILD CASE PRESENTER
RED LAKE NATION TRIBAL COURTS
Open: April 3, 2020-Until filled
Responsible for prosecution of Children in Need of Protective Services cases. Reports to Court Administrator, full-time position w/benefits, salary; DOQ.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
• Assemble the case file according to incident date and docket number, prepares the case for pre-trial and trial.
• Prepare, process 72-hour hold procedures.
• Attend and present cases at Red Lake Nation Tribal Court.
• Initiate or maintain contact with Defense Counsel, Red Lake Law Enforcement and Red Lake Family & Children Services.
• Prepare all children in need of protective services (CHIPS) petitions, motions and the preparation and presentation of child in need of protective services proceedings (8 day hearings).
• Prepares and submits proposed protective service Court Orders.
• Prepare all Motions and Notices of Intervention for Indian Child Welfare Act Cases, assists in the development of a Juvenile Code and facilitates community education.
• Actively participate on the Juvenile Code Committee, Tribe/School Collaborative Committee, Tribal Advisory Board and the Multi-Disciplinary Team.
• Maintain an unquestionable level of confidentiality.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• B.A. degree Criminal Justice and/or related field from a four-year college or university, High School diploma or equivalent; one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Excellent organizational skills in handling multiple tasks.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to handle stressful situations in a professional manner.
• Adhere to and have knowledge of the Data Privacy Act.
• Must be of high moral character to uphold the integrity of the Court.
• Computer knowledgeable using various software and other office machines used in the Courtroom, including transcribing machines.
• Knowledgeable in the Red Lake Nation Tribal Codes and Ordinances.
• Knowledge in the Indian Child Welfare Act, legal procedures and legal document drafting.
• Must abide to the Red Lake Band/Tribal Courts Drug Policy.
• Employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug test and comprehensive background check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates are accepted at Government Center – Human Resources Department, PO Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 – Fax (218) 679-4176.