ARCHIVING TECHNICIAN - RED LAKE MIS/IT DEPARTMENT
December 6, 2019
RED LAKE MIS/IT DEPARTMENT
Open: December 2, 2019
Closing: December 20, 2019 @ 3:00 p.m.
Under the direction of the MIS/IT Director, the Archiving Technician will evaluate and preserve departmental and Tribal documents and records. The Archiving Technician will scan forms, books, letters, photographs, as well as other materials into the Tribal document management system. Additionally, the Archiving Technician will assist in policy making for document archiving and destruction. Reports to MIS/IT Director, full time positions w/benefits, salary: DOQ.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Handle a wide variety of materials, including documents, maps and photographs.
• Analyze materials, examining the authenticity, historical context, physical condition and content of the material.
• Responsible for scanning documents and other items to the Tribal document management system known as Laserfiche.
• Assist in design and maintenance of organizational systems to keep track of all archived materials.
• Preparing indexes, meta-tags, and descriptions of materials, and then converting these into digital format.
• Assist staff with accessing the archives, guiding them in the use of relevant software, and retrieving copies of the material for direct viewing.
• Other tasks and projects as assigned by director.
• Must have high school diploma or GED.
• Must have demonstrated strong analytical skills, reading comprehension, attention to detail, and organizational abilities.
• Able to research information and ask questions to make informed decisions.
• Proper understanding of document markings and ultimately proper handling.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and relevant software.
• Excellent organizational/communication skills, both written and oral.
• Must have a valid Minnesota Driver's license and auto insurance.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas accepted at the Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.