FARM INCUBATOR COORDINATOR - ECONONMIC DEVELOPMENT & PLANNING
December 2, 2019
FARM INCUBATOR COORDINATOR
ECONONMIC DEVELOPMENT & PLANNING
Open: November 27, 2019
Closing: Open until filled.
The Farm Incubator Coordinator is responsible for daily planning, organization, supervision and administration of activities on the Incubator Farm. Supervised by 4- Directions Development, full-time position with benefits; $17.00 hour.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Take the lead on training of 3 Incubator Farmers per year, guiding them through their first experiences and education as a new farmer.
• Oversee the direction and coordination of the Farmer Trainees on crop production and operations, such as planning, tilling, planting, fertilizing, cultivating, spraying, or harvesting; and worker activities, such as planting, irrigation, organic application.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of organic pest and disease control, to share and implement with the Trainees.
• Assist with monitoring of crop activities based on crop maturity and environmental conditions.
• Monitor and adjust irrigation systems to distribute water according to crop needs and to avoid wasting water.
• Assist with budget management.
• Help direct preparation of site for planting, care of crops, and harvesting.
• Assist with the purchase of crops, materials, supplies, and equipment where needed.
• Assist with sale of crops, such as prep and delivery.
• Help implement necessary policies and procedures of the incubator farm and its equipment.
• Oversee duties associated with the day-to-day and long-term operations of the incubator farm; ensuring the farm incubator runs efficiently and effectively.
• Participate with annual planning of the farm incubator.
• Oversee compliance with applicable government regulations and health and safety standards.
• Help monitor for any needed maintenance/repair of farm property and equipment.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Practical farming experience, gained as a supervisor, unit manager, or assistant manager.
• Education in agriculture; a degree in a subject like agriculture or farm business management would be a plus.
• Business savvy, with analytical thinking skills, along with people skills.
• Organizational skills and creativity problem solving.
• Good work ethics, with initiative and flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent communication skills, with a teamwork attitude, and strong leadership skills.
• A strong supporter and ambassador of organic methods and long-term stewardship of our natural resources.
• Healthy body: able to lift, dig, pull, and push heavy weights, able to be in the sun, and in a variety of weather situations.
• Employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug test and background check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas accepted at Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 – Fax (218)-679-4176.
Primary Job Location will be housed within the 4 Directions Development Office, any questions contact Alisha Gehlert, Director (218)679-1455.