Celebrate Holiday Traditions and Create Merry Memories at MNHS Historic Sites in December
November 15, 2019
Twinkling lights, hot chocolate and a promise of snow mark the beginning of the holiday season, and the Minnesota Historical Society's historic sites and museums have prepared many dazzling events to entertain the holiday spirit all December long.
For a more traditional holiday experience, try these options:
• Head to the James J. Hill House on a guided house tour and learn about Christmas traditions for the Hill family and their servants, Wednesdays-Fridays & Sundays, Nov. 27-Dec. 29
• Step into the sights, sounds and tastes of an 1875 Victorian Christmas at the Alexander Ramsey House during a guided tour, Thursdays-Sundays, Nov. 29-Dec. 29
• Learn how the Lindberghs celebrated A WWI Christmas with costumed interpreters, decorations and more at the Charles Lindbergh House and Museum, Nov. 29-Dec. 1 & Dec. 6-8
• Meet the animals at Oliver Kelley Farm and experience a 19th-century Christmas celebration during a Christmas on the Farm Tour, Dec. 14 & 15
• Craft a traditional Swedish treat in a holiday baking workshop and learn about different holiday traditions in Minneapolis at Mill City Museum. Dec. 14, 15 & 22
Plus, create your own traditions with these fun events:
• Every Saturday during the holidays, take a self-guided tour of the James. J. Hill House to explore how the Hill family and their servants prepared for Christmas, Saturdays, Nov. 30-Dec. 28
• Join the Ghost of Mill City Past for a theatrical production portraying the 1920 Washburn Crosby holiday party, all set in Mill City Museum's Flour Tower ride, Dec. 13-15
• Celebrate the holidays outdoors this year at Forest History Center's 1900s logging camp with sleigh rides, hot chocolate, and fun for the whole family, Dec. 7 & 14
• Enjoy a post-holiday stroll at the Charles Lindbergh House and Museum during a Candlelight Snowshoe & Hike, Jan. 4
For even more holiday events, visit the MNHS online calendar.