PROJECT COORDINATOR - 4-DIRECTIONS DEVELOPMENT/ECONONMIC DEVELOPMENT & PLANNING
November 6, 2019
4-DIRECTIONS DEVELOPMENT/ECONONMIC DEVELOPMENT & PLANNING
Open: November 5, 2019
Closing: November 22, 2019 @ 3:00 p.m.
Work within Economic Development & Planning Department coordinating projects at various stages of development as assigned, and may include development, implementation, and grant management. This position will focus primarily on agricultural projects. Reports to 4-Directions Development Executive Director, full-time position w/benefits, salary; $23.00 hrly.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Coordination of appropriate tasks needed for project development and implementation.
• Responsible for organization and communication of department projects, including proper documentation of project expenses and timelines.
• Monitor and document the work processes and outcomes for evaluation and reporting.
• Assist with assignment coordination of various tasks needed for projects.
• Communicate and coordinate department staff as needed for each project.
• Assist with development and distribution of marketing needed for projects.
• Effective analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and vendors.
• Assist the department with identifying funding sources for projects; and assist with proper documentation and management of awarded funding.
• Investigate new technologies and trends that would help a project be more efficient and cost effective.
• Continuous monitoring of resources that would benefit future project development.
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills; able to present appropriate and concise information, meet specified deadlines, and work well under pressure.
• Work with the department Director to define and achieve annual objectives, schedules, and overall strategies for upcoming projects.
• Be an effective Economic Development & Planning team member and maintain effective communication with department staff.
• Trustworthy with confidential tribal information.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
• Competent problem solving and decision making with the appropriate balance and application of assertiveness and flexibility.
• A strong communication network established within the Red Lake Nation.
• Financial analysis experience with budgets; both actual and projected.
• Grant research and management experience.
• Project Management Training would be a plus.
• American Indian Preference.
• Employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug test and background check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas accepted at Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 – Fax (218)-679-4176.