Language Facilitator - Red Lake School District #38
July 12, 2019
Posted: 07/11/2019 – 07/16/2019
Red Lake School District #38 is accepting applications for a Language Facilitator:
JOB TITLE: Language Facilitator - Beginning the 2019-20 SY
BUILDING: District Wide with Anticipated Placement at Early Childhood Center
REPORTS TO: Director of Special Services
JOB PURPOSE: The language facilitator shall facilitate communication, academic, and social growth for a student or students who are deaf/hard of hearing by providing opportunities to access communication with peers and adults within the school environment. The language facilitator shall assist the teacher(s) with the student's behavior and daily care activities under the direction of a special education teacher.
The Language Facilitator shall:
1. Hold certification in American Sign Language –or- be willing to learn ASL commensurate with the student's communication level.
2. Hold PCA certification –or- be willing to learn and provide routine daily cares as needed for the student(s) to access the general curriculum.
3. Have previous successful experience working with students with special needs, with preference given to applicants who have background knowledge or experience in hearing loss and/or Deaf Culture.
4. Demonstrate a strong moral character, an impeccable work ethic, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
5. Have experience with or show willingness and excitement in working with Native American children and youth.
6. Possess good communication and interpersonal skills, be flexible, and work well both independently and as part of a team.
JOB DUTIES AND REPONSIBILITES
1. Provides language and social modeling to assigned learner with hearing impairments through completion of classroom activities, interactive play, etc.
2. Provides supplemental tutoring required to assist learners and staff in developing necessary signing skills.
3. Consults with general and special education instructors regarding vocabulary and other skills to practice/model.
4. Check equipment (i.e., hearing aids, auditory trainers, etc.) daily prior to classes.
5. Adheres to any behavioral plans, reward systems, etc. as detailed within student's IEP or as directed by supervising instructor(s).
6. Develops learning aids and materials including visual schedules, picture vocabulary books, and cue cards in coordination with the directing and classroom teachers.
7. Prepares daily and/or weekly summary (written and/or verbal) of student progress and classroom happenings for the Deaf/Hard of Hearing consultant teacher.
8. Promotes deaf/hard of hearing awareness and positive public relations.
9. Adheres to data privacy and other policies as established by the Red Lake School District, state, or federal law.
10. Adhere to all other Red Lake School District policies and procedures.
11. Performs other duties as apparent or assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITES
1. Basic American Sign Language skills or willingness to learn.
2. Utilize proper English grammar, punctuation, spelling, and speaking skills.
3. Knowledge of district policies, rules, and regulations.
4. Work with students, district personnel, and general public in a pleasant and cooperative manner.
5. Understand and follow complex oral and written instruction and completes assignments in an independent manner.
6. Analyze situations and take appropriate action regarding routine/emergency procedural matters without immediate supervision.
7. Plan, organize, and coordinate assigned tasks to meet established timelines.
8. Maintain professional confidentiality and work collaboratively with peers.
9. Possess knowledge of technology to present lessons, communicate with others, and keep records.
1. Stand, walk, bend over, kneel, crouch, reach, overhead, grasp, push, and pull in a variety of indoor and outdoor settings.
2. Lift and carry instructional materials, equipment or other necessary job-related items up to 50 lbs.
3. Repetitive use of hands (i.e. fine manipulation, simple grasping, and power grasping).
4. Stand, sit, and/or walk for extended periods of time.
5. Demonstrate normal depth perception.
6. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, operate standard office equipment, and use a telephone.
7. See and read a computer screen and printed matter with or without visual aids.
VERIFICATION OF COMPETENCY
1. District application completed and submitted.
2. Provide documentation of certification, post-secondary education, or applicable training.
3. Provide at least one letter of reference from an education professional.
To apply, send complete District application, cover letter, resume, and credentials to: Human Resources, Red Lake School District #38, PO Box 499, Red Lake, MN 56671, fax to (218)679-2321, or email to email@example.com.
(Human Resources Coordinator)
Red Lake Schools #38
(218) 679-5102 Office
(218) 679-2321 Fax