Babaamaajimowinan (Telling of news in different places)

Nutritional supplement was on cash that caused clerk's hand to 'burn'

MAHNOMEN, Minn. — Authorities say a mysterious substance that was on some cash that caused a convenience store clerk’s hands to burn was actually a carbohydrate powder that prompted an allergic reaction.

The incident happened Monday at Pump 24 in northwestern Minnesota’s Mahnomen County. The clerk felt a burning sensation after taking cash from a customer. The sensation remained after a hand-washing, so the employee went to the hospital. Six others also were treated as a precaution.


Reader Comments(0)