GREENHOUSE MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN - DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES
November 2, 2017
GREENHOUSE MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES
Open: October 27, 2017
Closing: November 10, 2017 @ 3:00 p.m.
This person is responsible for the daily upkeep and routine maintenance of the greenhouse buildings and grounds, will report to Greenhouse Manager and Forest Development Forester, full-time position with benefits, salary; DOQ.
• Work closely with the Greenhouse Manager on a daily basis and other Forestry personnel
• Communicate effectively with professionals and the general public
• Perform routine procedures and to solve technical problems in a safe and efficient manner;
o Sweeping, cleaning, fencing repairs
o Mowing grass, snow removal
o Painting, light plumbing, electrical/construction repairs
o Removal and replacement of plastic sheeting, shade cloth as necessary
o Loading and unloading supply trucks, maintaining greenhouse machinery including; tractors, chainsaws and brush saws
o Loading and maintaining outside wood and oil furnaces, assisting in the cutting and splitting of the fuelwood
o Checking fuel levels and ordering as necessary
• Assisting greenhouse staff in the loading and unloading of the greenhouse and shade house, delivering trees to the field planting sites
• Most work performed inside the greenhouse where it can be very hot and humid
• Occasionally work will be performed outside in cold or rainy weather
• A great deal of bending, lifting, and carrying will be required by the applicant
• Safety equipment such as gloves, boots, or respirators will be required as necessary
• Perform other related duties as required.
• GED/High School Diploma
• Training or experience in basic greenhouse concepts
• Basic carpentry, plumbing, electrical and mechanical repairs experience
• Must be able to perform heavy lifting (up to 70 pounds) at times
• Be physically fit and able to work outdoors
• Be punctual, responsible, and able to work cooperatively in a team environment
• Possess and show proof of a valid driver's license and auto insurance.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas accepted at the Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.