EMPLOYMENT SERVICES/CASE MANAGER - OSHKIIMAAJITAHDAH (NEW BEGINNINGS)
October 30, 2017
EMPLOYMENT SERVICES/CASE MANAGER
OSHKIIMAAJITAHDAH (NEW BEGINNINGS)
Open: October 27, 2017
Closing: November 10, 2017 @ 3:00 p.m.
The Employment Service Case Manager will work in the Bemidji or Redby locations assisting clients by assessing needs, providing employment training, and job seeking skills to meet the client's employment and training goals. Reports to the Oshkiimaajitahdah Lead and Executive Director, full-time positions with benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Provides direct employment and training services to TANF participants with priority on strategies that lead to placement and retention.
• Assesses vocational capabilities of Oshkiimaajitahdah participants
• Works with participant to develop employment goals and an invidual employment plan.
• Maintains connection with local employer's employment and training needs.
• Matches training and preparation to these local needs.
• Works cooperatively with local businesses to make appropriate placements and support participant and employer post placement.
• Works cooperatively with other local employment and training partners.
• Assess TANF participant skills, abilities, past employment, and barriers to employment. Based on data obtained in assessment, work with participant to establish employment goals and specific employment plan.
• Work cooperatively with participants and employers to fashion training in preparation for current job opportunities.
• Provide group overview, leadership training, and other training and seminars as deemed necessary. Administer and interpret assessment instruments.
• Provide individual one-on-one assistance to participants based on their needs and goals.
• Cooperatively troubleshoot issues as they arise.
• Maintain understanding and relationship with local services and make referral as necessary.
• Maintain case records in MN Workforce One and Oshkiimaajitahdah computer systems
• Other duties as assigned.
• Two (2) years of post-secondary education in Human Services, Business Administration, Behavioral Science, Liberal Education or related OR
• Two (2) years of related work experience.
• High degree of skill in motivational techniques, problem solving and group work abilities.
• Ability to speak to large groups.
• Must have a valid Minnesota Driver's license and auto insurance.
• Employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug test and background check.
• Abide by the Oshkiimaajitahdah's Zero Drug Tolerance Policy.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Government Center –Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.