CASE WORKER - RED LAKE NATION CHILD SUPPORT PROGRAM - OSHKIIMAAJITAHDAH "NEW BEGINNINGS"
May 25, 2017
RED LAKE NATION CHILD SUPPORT PROGRAM
OSHKIIMAAJITAHDAH "NEW BEGINNINGS"
Open: May 24, 2017
Closing: June 14, 2017 @ 3:00 p.m.
Responsible for all management, initiation, enforcement, reviewing, and modifications of child support cases. Reports to Lead Case Manager and Executive Director, full-time position, with benefits, salary: DOQ.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reviews and processes all applications
• Analyzes cases to determine appropriate action
• Obtains necessary documents for case file; i.e., birth certificate, social security cards, enrollment verification, court orders, parentage affidavits, etc.
• Initiate actions to establish paternity, enforcement and modification of child support orders
• Calculates child support obligations
• Regular monitoring and review of on-going cases for compliance
• Continually updates all actions in the State of MN PRISM child support database system.
• Conducts interviews and maintains constant client contact with custodial and non-custodial parent by phone, mail, and in-person
• Assist with the preparation and processing of legal documents for Court
• Conducts inter-jurisdictional activities and tasks
• Works closely with Tribal Courts staff – Clerk of Court and others
• DNA collection for paternity establishment
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Associates of Arts (AA) degree preferred, at a minimum, or Administrative Support Diploma, or equivalent, and at least three (3) year experience and/or training, which must include client based interaction
• Must possess excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks
• Must possess excellent verbal, written, and computer skills using Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Access, etc.)
• Must be able to handle stressful situations in a professional manner
• Ability to work cooperatively with Federal, State, County, and other Tribal agencies on a daily basis
• Must be knowledgeable of the Minnesota Data Privacy Act and Red Lake Nation Tribal Code, specifically pertaining to Family Law/Child Support
• Valid Minnesota Driver's License and current auto insurance
• Must be bonded, trustworthy and dependable
• Sign a Program Confidentiality Statement and understand penalties for any violations
• Must be willing and able to travel
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.