EDUCATION AND DISABILITES COORDINATOR - Red Lake Nation Head Start Program
February 28, 2017
EDUCATION AND DISABILITES COORDINATOR
Red Lake Nation Head Start Program
Open: February 24, 2017
Closing: March 24, 2017 @ 3:00 p.m.
The person in this position ensures program compliance in the area of Child Development and Education/literacy and Disabilities Services. This position is part of the management team and assists in planning and providing input into program activities. Reports to Head Start Director, part-time position (36 hours per week), salary; $18.50 hourly.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Ensure appropriate, quality educational activities are provided to children and families
• Share information with staff on early childhood practices/literacy and disabilities to ensure individualization of child and family activities
• Monitor program transition plans and ensure individualization and meet requirements
• Establish and maintain effective record keeping system for documenting parent, community, and staff input into curriculum development
• Collaborate and develop transition plans with parents and agencies providing childcare or Kindergarten services to ensure effective transition of children
• Coordinate and collaborate in the development in Inter-agency relationships providing quality services to all enrolled children
• Work closely with Health/Mental Health/Nutrition Coordinator in the screening/assessment IEP, IFSP, and follow-up process of children with staff, parents, and collaborating partners
• Ensure that parents receive and understand information on early childhood development and parents' rights according to disabilities, via newsletters, home visits and parent/teacher conferences
• Ensure child development and disabilities information for each child's cumulative file is complete and updated as needed
• Assist with Family Services in the transfer of records, as required
• Provide early childhood education and disabilities information for facilitate scheduling and meetings within 60 days of child's enrollment and monitor cumulative files
• Ensure strict confidentiality at all times.
• Other job duties as assigned
• BS/BA Degree In early Childhood Education
• Must possess a valid Minnesota Driver's License.
• Must possess and/or have the ability to become CPR/First Aid Certified.
• Must have experience/training and skills in securing and individualizing services for children with disabilities
• Strong interpersonal and organizational communication skills
• Ability to work with families of varying economic, social, and ethnic backgrounds.
• Ability to lift approximately 50 pounds
• Negative TB test prior to employment
• Employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug test and background check
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas accepted at Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 – Phone: (218) 679-1847.