3 - TEACHERS AIDE(S) RED LAKE NATION HEAD START PROGRAM
February 28, 2017
3 - TEACHERS AIDE(S)
RED LAKE NATION HEAD START PROGRAM
Open: February 24, 2017
Closing: March 24, 2017 @ 3:00 p.m.
Assists the teachers with a group of no more than 20 preschool children in a supportive role while carrying out developmentally appropriate activities; promotes the health, nutrition, and education of the children; and attend to their safety and welfare. Reports to Director, full-time position with benefits, salary; $10.00 hourly working on CDA – $12.00 hourly with CDA – $14.00 hourly with Associates Degree in Early Education.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Assist in setting up the environment (indoor/outdoor) activities for the day
• Use developmentally appropriate practices to facilitate activities with groups and individuals
• Observe and record behaviors of children to assist the teacher in the identification of each child's strengths and areas of grow
• Assist with solo and group activities to individualize needs and strengths per each child.
• Follow a consistent schedule, including small and large groups experiences, choice time, music and movement, large/small motor activities, family style meals, and appropriate transition activities
• Provide an atmosphere that promotes and reinforces parent involvement in the classroom.
• Attend meetings as child's advocate
• Work with teacher to provide at least two (2) home visits for each child in the classroom to share information on parenting, educational strategies, classroom progress, etc.
• Assist in the maintenance of accurate written records, including assessments, special education documentation, screening results, anecdotal observations, documentation for transition to public school and parent/teacher conference and other forms
• Attend in-service trainings and participate in staff meetings
• Sanitize classroom materials and equipment as schedules and when indicated
• Meet with parents formally and informally to encourage their input for their child's activities
• Support and maintain relationships and collaboration with community agencies
• Ride the bus to help ensure each child has a safe ride to and from Head Start
• Perform other duties as assigned
• GED or High School Diploma
• CDA preferred or must obtain within 1st year of employment
• At least one year of successful work experience in a formal preschool setting is preferred
• Negative TB test prior to employment
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas accepted at Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 – Phone: (218) 679-1847.