Red Lake Nation News - Babaamaajimowinan (Telling of news in different places)

Manitoba toddler's arm burned during cast removal, mom says


February 22, 2017

A mother from Sandy Bay First Nation in Manitoba is worried her two-year-old daughter may be scarred for life after a cast removal at Portage District General Hospital left her arm covered in burns and the child terrified of strangers.

Lana Roulette brought Ambriel to the emergency department Feb. 8 for what she thought would be a painless procedure — the removal of the fibreglass cast from her two-year-old daughter's left arm. The toddler was recovering from breaking two bones during a fall on Jan. 15.


Reader Comments(0)


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021