RECEPTIONIST - RED LAKE NATION URBAN EMBASSY – DULUTH
RED LAKE NATION URBAN EMBASSY – DULUTH
OPEN: December 29, 2016
CLOSING: January 13, 2017 @ 3:00 p.m.
To perform Receptionist duties at the Red Lake Nation – Urban Embassy in Duluth, reports to the Urban Embassy-Duluth, Director, full-time position with benefits, salary; $10.00 hourly.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Answering incoming telephone calls, directing calls to appropriate staff.
• Greeting and assisting the public in a friendly and courteous manner.
• Pick up the mail daily and distribute to staff.
• Handling of incoming and outgoing correspondence accordingly from fax machine.
• Maintains office supply inventory and ordering as needed.
• Light office duty cleaning as needed.
• Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate personnel.
• Takes and delivers messages or transfers call to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable.
• Answers questions about organization and provides callers with address, directions, and other information.
• Monitors visitor access.
• Maintains fax machines, send faxes, retrieves and routes incoming faxes.
• Crates and prints fax cover sheets, memos, correspondence, reports, and other documents.
• Performs clerical duties such as filing, photocopying, and collating.
• Duluth Urban Office events participation required i.e., Summer picnic, annual Christmas party and other events hosted by the Office.
• Fulfills office operations and procedures by assisting staff with clerical duties, typing and maintenance of files.
• Responsible for maintaining confidentiality of all pertinent program information in accordance with the Privacy Act.
• Completes purchase orders upon Director's approval, receiving necessary billing/ payment information to process accordingly and tracks case service expenditures data.
• Assist all staff as needed.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Must be computer knowledgeable using various software.
• Must possess pleasant and articulate telephone etiquette.
• Must possess excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently.
• Must have good work attendance and be dependable.
• Employment contingent upon passing pre-employment drug testing in accordance with the RL Band's Personnel Policy and Background Check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of diplomas/certificates are being accepted at the Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.