Silent killer: Experts warn of risks, symptoms of carbon monoxide following Vergas death


DETROIT LAKES, Minn. — Known by many as a "silent killer," carbon monoxide, a tasteless, colorless, odorless gas, tends to strike, poisoning victims before they are even aware of what is happening.

"You don't know that you're actually being poisoned with it," says Matthew Massman, a physician assistant with Essentia/St. Mary's-Detroit Lakes. "You just don't know--it overcomes you quickly."

And this time of year, when it gets cold and people are cranking up the gas furnace and spending more time indoors, is a peak time for carbon monoxide poisoning.


Reader Comments(0)


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 06/16/2022 11:05