Red Lake Nation News - Babaamaajimowinan (Telling of news in different places)

Man identified in carbon monoxide poisoning death that sickened wife, responders

 


PERHAM, Minn. -- A rural Vergas man died and several others, including emergency response personnel, were hospitalized as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning at a home early Monday night, Dec. 19, authorities said.

A faulty furnace vent likely caused the buildup of carbon monoxide in the garage, which killed Tom Elkin, a cabinet maker, authorities said. Elkin’s identity was released Tuesday afternoon by a family friend.

“It appears he was doing work on the furnace and may not have had the (safety) equipment installed,” said Lt. Keith Van Dyke of the Otter Tail County Sheriff’s Office, “though we have no way to know for sure.”

http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/news/region/4183622-updated-man-identified-carbon-monoxide-poisoning-death-sickened-wife-responders

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 02/07/2022 19:59