Clerk of Court - RED LAKE NATION TRIBAL COURTS
Clerk of Court
RED LAKE NATION TRIBAL COURTS
OPEN: September 27, 2016
CLOSING: October 21, 2016 @ 3:00 p.m.
Responsible for insuring that all aspects of Court Administration are operating effectively and efficiently thus allowing Judges to devote their time to the administration of justice. Also responsible for overseeing the supervision of subordinate Clerks, providing direction and supervision with the Civil court and Juvenile court to insure each is functioning properly and fulfilling their duties and responsibilities. Reports to the Court Administrator, full-time position w/benefits, salary; DOQ.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
• Preparation of criminal complaints for process; juvenile delinquency and civil complaints when directed.
• Scheduling criminal calendar for Judges and/or assist in the schedule of the civil and juvenile proceedings when directed.
• Responsible for charging of petty misdemeanors and certain other misdemeanors, such as traffic violations, under the close supervision of the Chief or Assistant Prosecutor.
• Maintaining of daily criminal docket and make permanent files; must maintain accurate and complete files.
• Attend hearings in criminal, juvenile, and civil hearings; take minutes on all proceedings before the Court.
• Arrange the courtroom for hearings and trials.
• Responsible for speaking in the public to announce Court and swearing in witnesses and/or Jurors.
• Greet public in a courteous and professional manner and directs calls to appropriate personnel.
• Setup appointments and informal hearings for Judges when directed.
• Responsible for maintaining a monthly criminal report on all cases filed and completed.
• Responsible for monthly submission of Court statistics.
• Transcribe proceeding associated with criminal, juvenile, and civil hearings.
• Assists in collection of fines, bonds, restitution, and/or civil fees.
• Assist in preparation of Appeals when directed.
• Responsible for attending meetings and/or Mental Health Board Meetings and take minutes when directed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• GED/High School Diploma.
• One to three months related experience and/or training.
• Excellent organizational skills in handling multiple tasks.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to handle stressful situations in professional manner.
• Adhere to and have knowledge of the Data Privacy Act.
• Must be of high moral character to uphold the integrity of the Court.
• Computer knowledgeable using various software and other office machines used in the Courtroom, including transcribing machines
• Knowledgeable in the Tribal Coded and ordinances.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Government Center - Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.