LPN (LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE) - JOURDAIN/PERPICH EXTENDED CARE CENTER
LPN (LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE)
JOURDAIN/PERPICH EXTENDED CARE CENTER
OPEN: September 20, 2016
CLOSING: Until Filled.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
LPN (License Practical Nurse) will provide nursing care to residents in a 47 bed long term care facility. Full-time position with benefits, report to the Director of Nursing, salary DOQ.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide direct nursing care to residents and assists to provide for the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual comfort of the residents.
• Assists and plans the development of the nursing care plan for each resident on a daily basis, through care plan review and charting.
• Prepares and administers all medications using clean techniques followed by prompt and accurate charting.
• Provides nutrition by way of gastroscopy tubes and will operate feeding pumps.
• Provided treatment as ordered that may include enemas, wound care, perennial care, and foley catheter care.
• Reviews Policies and Procedures to include catheterization, irrigations, and suction machines.
• Responsible for accurate reporting and recording of resident's symptoms, reaction, and progress in the patient's charts and report to the Supervising Nurse.
• Assigns the type and amount of care to meet the individual needs of each resident when serving as team leader or medication nurse.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be a graduate from an accredited LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) Training Program.
• Must possess a valid LPN (License Practical Nurse) License.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Government Center –Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.