4 – ASSISTANT TEACHER(S) - OSHKIIMAAJITAHDAH CHILD CARE PROGRAM
4 – ASSISTANT TEACHER(S)
OSHKIIMAAJITAHDAH CHILD CARE PROGRAM
-(New Beginnings and/or College)
Open: September 1, 2016
Closing: Open until filled
Provide and foster a safe healthy learning environment for the children; Implementing Educational Curriculums, Utilize parents as team members to accomplish Child Care objectives, Promotes staff development, documentation and other Child Care needs. Reports to Child Care Director, full-time position(s) with benefits, salary DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Must interact with children in a positive manner.
• Assists in setting up, sanitize and cleaning, laundry, daily preparation, or as assigned.
• Daily kneeling, stooping, bending and sitting on the floor, and occasional heavy lifting.
• Attend mandatory Child Care in-service sessions, staff meetings and educational classes.
• Supervise and monitor children at all times and foster a healthy emotional climate in the
child care setting.
• Be familiar with Child Care policies and procedures.
• Respond appropriately to crisis or emergency situations that may occur.
• Encourage parent participation within the Child Care program.
• Promote and foster the Child Care philosophy among staff, parents and community.
• Seek on-going career development.
• Maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Other duties as assigned by Child Care Manager and/or Child Care Director
• High School Diploma or GED
• Preferred, but not required, Child Development Associate Credential (CDA).
• Become CPR/First Aid Certified.
• Must also have a pre-employment physical including hearing and vision testing.
• Must be able to lift up to 70 pounds.
• Must be flexible and be a self-starter.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Background check by: Red Lake Courts, Family & Children Services, State/National and Pre-Employment Drug Testing.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.