CUSTODIAN - Ponemah - RED LAKE HEAD START PROGRAM
CUSTODIAN - Ponemah
RED LAKE HEAD START PROGRAM
Open: August 29, 2016
Closing: September 9, 2016 @ 3:00 p.m.
The person assures that the Ponemah Head Start facility is maintained in a safe, healthy, and clean manner. Reports to Ponemah Headstart Manager, full-time position, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Keep center facilities and equipment clean and sanitized in accordance with programmatic, local, state, and federal regulations.
• Assure that cleaning supplies and other toxic products are stored appropriately and not accessible to children.
• Ensure emergency exits are accessible and lighting is in safe, working condition.
• Keep exits clear from snow and other debris.
• Document and inform supervisor of any safety or health concerns.
• Arrange rooms for daily activities and clean rooms as necessary.
• Document and inform supervisor in a timely manner when cleaning supplies and janitorial/maintenance supplies need to be ordered.
• Suggest improvements to provide safer environments for children and staff.
• Complete required record-keeping, including checklists of daily cleaning.
• Be available for extra occasional evening and/or week-end work as needed.
• Participate in staff meetings when required.
• Uphold confidentiality and all other policies and procedures of the program.
• Any other duties as assigned.
• GED/High School Diploma.
• Must be CPR/First Aid Certified.
• Willingness to work occasional evening and/or possible weekend dates for special events.
• Ability to carry out physical demands of the position, including lifting up to 50 lbs.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.