13 - AmeriCorps Members - Red Lake AmeriCorps (Service to New Scholars)
13 - AmeriCorps Members
Red Lake AmeriCorps (Service to New Scholars)
OPEN: August 15, 2016
CLOSING: August 31, 2016 @ 3:00 p.m.
The goal of the Red Lake Americorp Programs New Scholars is to provide school readiness to preschoolers at the Red Lake Head Start Program at both sites, Red Lake and Ponemah. The goal of the program is also to provide a meaningful experience of services for Red Lake Band of Chippewa Indians. Reports to AmeriCorp Director, salary; bi-weekly stipend.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Be present and ready to work as needed to meet obligations.
• Recognizing situations requiring more effort, taking the initiative to perform these tasks, and satisfying responsibilities in a timely manner.
• Capable of managing multiple duties while determining proper priorities and keeping tasks in perspective and balance.
• Responsive to organizational and individual needs while demonstrating strong performance standards.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION:
• 18 years of age.
• GED/High School Diploma or able to obtain by completion of program.
• Strong writing and speaking skills.
• Employment contingent upon passing background check.
• MUST BE WILLING TO COMMIT TO A YEAR OF SERVICE.
TO APPLY: Applications are being accepted at Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 (218) 679-1847.
For more information contact Laurie May @ AmeriCorp/Headstart @ 679-3329 ext: 1405.