BUS DRIVER - JOURDAIN/PERPICH EXTENDED CARE CENTER
JOURDAIN/PERPICH EXTENDED CARE CENTER
Open: August 1, 2016
Closing: August 12, 2016 @ 3:00 p.m.
Purpose of Position:
Primary driver to transport residents for scheduled recreation activities and other community events in a safe and courteous manner at all times. Work with the severely handicapped and the elderly, managing a route that will accommodate an 'on-demand' schedule. Part-time position, reports to Administrator, salary DOQ.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Follows the mission, policies, procedures, and safety rules of the facility.
• Understands/supports the Resident Bill of Rights.
• Work with the community using tact and understanding with nursing personnel as well as the caregivers and family members of the residents served.
• Secures passengers' wheelchairs to restraining devices to stabilize wheelchairs during trip. Be physically able to handle and assist the handicapped resident in wheelchairs.
• Cleans and services vehicle with fuel, lubricants, and accessories. Report all vehicle repairs, and/or any unsafe or hazardous situations immediately to your supervisor.
• Be flexible and available for special occasions, and special schedules.
• Must consistently display and model the Jourdain/Perpich Extended Care Center Spirit hospitality behavior models.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
• The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• GED/High School Diploma.
• Excellent motor vehicle driving record, with no accidents or moving violations.
• Must have a current and valid Minnesota Driver's License, commercial license preferred.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas being accepted at the Government Center – Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone; (218) 679-1847.