6-12 Language Arts Teacher - Red Lake Schools #38
Post July 28, 2016
Red Lake School District #38 is accepting applications for the following position:
JOB TITLE: 6-12 Language Arts Teacher
REPORTS TO: Building Principal
BUILDING: Assigned to the Secondary Complex for the 2015-16 school year.
JOB PURPOSE: The Language Arts teacher shall provide direct instruction and facilitate learning for all students
The Language Arts teacher shall:
1. Have a minimum of a bachelor's degree within Language Arts or Reading,
2. Have completed a Language Arts or Reading licensure program and must possess appropriate Minnesota licensure in Language Arts or Reading (i.e. grades 5-12 or 7-12), before August 15, 2016,
3. Demonstrate knowledge of the foundations of Language Arts education processes and instruction,
4. Demonstrate ability to use a wide variety of instructional practices, approaches, methods, and curriculum materials to support Language Arts instruction,
5. Demonstrate ability to use a variety of assessments and practices to plan and evaluate effective Language Arts instruction,
6. Demonstrate experience interpreting formative and summative data,
7. Demonstrate ability and experience delivering a variety of student group instructions,
8. Demonstrate effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills,
9. Demonstrate knowledge of and ability to implement effective teaching strategies and interventions,
10. Demonstrate experience accepting instructional and data coaching strategies,
11. Demonstrate knowledge of and/or experience implementing the Developmental Design program effectively,
12. Demonstrate knowledge, skill and ability to integrate technology into lessons,
13. Demonstrate knowledge about Red Lake Nation culture and communities,
14. Have good moral character and a strong work ethic.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plan, organize and deliver effective Language Arts education instruction for student academic growth and achievement,
2. Gather, organize, synthesize and utilize student assessment data to improve instruction,
3. Effectively interpret formative and summative data, communicate results, problem solve and collaboratively make decisions that significantly impact Language Arts instructional practices and student achievement to support Minnesota Standards and Language Arts pedagogy,
4. Promote a school wide philosophy of Language Arts literacy supported by research and theory that integrates technology and new Language Arts practice,
5. Plan, implement and evaluate effective teaching strategies and interventions,
6. Plan Language Arts lessons and implement assessment practices and data use to inform instruction through data discussions in Professional Learning Teams (PLT's) and grade level teams to meet the needs of a diverse student population,
7. Participate effectively in PLT, grade level teams and committees,
8. Utilize student Language Arts assessment data to identify student needs and plan, implement and evaluate effective Language Arts programs to support the improvement of teaching and learning,
9. Communicate effectively and routinely with students' parents/guardians,
10. Monitor student performance and enter progress in the electronic student grade book,
11. Implement the Developmental Design program with fidelity,
12. Implement effective classroom management, student discipline and student supervision strategies,
13. Other duties as assigned.
VERIFICATION OF COMPETENCY:
1. District application and professional resume.
2. Provide required documentation outlined in the qualifications above.
3. Three letters of reference from education professionals
4. Employment interview.
The 6-12 Language Arts teacher shall be employed under: Teachers' Master Agreement
To apply send complete District application, cover letter, resume, and credentials to: Human Resources, Red Lake School District #38, PO Box 499, Red Lake, MN 56671. Open until filled
Human Resource Coordinator
Red Lake Schools #38
(218) 679-5102 (Office phone)