PROBATION OFFICER - RED LAKE NATION TRIBAL COURTS
RED LAKE NATION TRIBAL COURTS
Open: June 15, 2016
Closing: July 15, 2016 @ 3:00 p.m.
The Probation Officer shall perform a variety of probationary related duties for adult and juvenile offenders in the Red Lake Tribal Courts. Reports to Court Administrator, full-time position w/benefits, salary; DOQ. (24-month duration, continuation based on additional funding)
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Prepare status reports as requested by the Red Lake Nation Tribal Court.
• Communicate with community-based service providers to ascertain probationer compliance with court-ordered services.
• Coordinate with other jurisdictions and collaborative partner's requests for information regarding client compliance.
• Implement and maintain adult and juvenile case files, court dates and meeting dates to ensure client case management system is up to date.
• Supervise client probationary and court requirements, including weekly check-ins; compliance with terms thereof; and filing contempt of court actions for violation of court orders.
• Coordinate programs regarding alternative sentencing, including the following areas: education, community service, training, etc.
• Arrange and monitor placement of probationers in various rehabilitation and/or treatment programs.
• Must work with all phases of community in confidential, non-judgmental manner.
• Participates in meetings, in-service training, staff development, and other professional growth activities as required or needed.
• MAINTAIN CONFIDENTIALITY AT ALL TIMES.
• Maintains accurate and up to date case records in a neat and legible prescribed form.
• Plans office activities, conferences, and field visits in connection with investigation and supervision functions.
• Perform other duties as assigned and as needed.
• High School Diploma/GED.
• Previous experience in law enforcement, courts, probation, social work or closely related to these fields.
• Basic written and oral communications skills.
• Knowledge of Red Lake Nation Tribal Court intervention programs.
• Computer literate, including Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) etc.
• All applicants are subject to the Tribe's Drug and Alcohol Free Work Place Policy.
• Be able to work, on occasion, after hours and on weekends to monitor client compliance.
• Must have a valid Minnesota State issued driver's license and automobile insurance.
• This position requires passage of a comprehensive background check.
• Employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug test and background check.
To Apply: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are accepted at Human Resources Department, PO Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 -- Phone (218) 679-1847.