FINANCIAL MANAGER - RED LAKE NATION TRANSIT
RED LAKE NATION TRANSIT
OPEN: April 13, 2016
CLOSING: April 28, 2016 @ 3:00 p.m.
Standard office environment with close quarters, sitting for long periods of time; this position can be very demanding and stressful. The ability to work with a wide variety of individuals and agencies is required. Reports to Director-Transit, full-time position with benefits, salary; DOQ.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
• Complete the weekly dispatch calendar; assure we are properly staffed each morning by calling on-call staff if necessary
• Enter deposits into accounting program on an as needed basis
• Maintain expenses; Cuff Accounts, Line Items, Purchase Orders, Budgets, and Grants
• Supply an accountant with end of year totals
• Complete and submit monthly/quarterly/yearly financial reports as required by MnDOT
• Participate in grant writing necessary for receipt of operating funds.
• Work with Executive Director to handle Transit business on a daily basis
• Participate in annual management plan process.
• Maintain spreadsheet for employee hours worked as well as PTO benefits accrued.
• Assist with annual audits
• Data entry into employee timekeeping software
• Work with Executive Director to be able to assume all responsibilities upon Director leaving or in his/her absence
• Work with Executive Director in any new programs, contract negotiations or any other transit business, goals, and values
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Accounting/Bookkeeping Degree
• Ability to work independently
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Software, specifically the Excel program
• Knowledge of Federal Procurement Guidelines and Requirements
• Good telephone skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment
• This person must have general computer knowledge, ability to type, run a 10-key and operate general office equipment
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check
TO APPLY: Applications are being accepted at the Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.