COOK/ASSISTANT COOK - REGIONAL CRIMINAL JUSTICE COMPLEX
REGIONAL CRIMINAL JUSTICE COMPLEX
Open: April 12, 2016
Closing: April 26, 2016 @ 3:00 p.m.
To provide nutritious meals for inmates by ensuring a safe, clean and sanitary environment, this position does not have supervisory responsibility. Reports to Administrator, full-time position, with benefits, salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Responsible for supervising the development of specifications for procurement of food, equipment and supplies
• Responsible for organizing, cleaning of kitchen/dining areas as well as the washing and caring for kitchen utensils and equipment
• Responsible for monitoring evaluation of food served for conformance to quality standards
• Must be knowledgeable of health and safety standards
• Must be knowledgeable in public health rules for handling food
• Responsible for minimizing food costs and spoilage to minimize waste
• Responsible for scheduling time to cover all meals and clean up
• Performs other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Knowledge of the concepts and standards of basic food services
• Familiarity with the Data Privacy Act and be of high stable character with the proven ability to maintain strict standards of behavior and confidentiality
• Establishes and maintains an effective working relationship with people of varied economic, educational, and cultural backgrounds
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Must pass a criminal records background check without any felony convictions and must never have been convicted of Domestic Violence
• Possess a valid Minnesota driver's license and provide proof of a clean driving record
• Agree to maintain a drug-free workplace and submit to employee drug testing
• Physically capable of handling job requirements and working long hours when needed
• Employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug test and background check.
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.