ON-CALL TRANSIT DRIVER - RED LAKE NATION TRANSIT
ON-CALL TRANSIT DRIVER
RED LAKE NATION TRANSIT
OPEN: APRIL 6, 2016
Responsible for transporting people from one place to another for work, errands, school, or other reasons. Takes fares from passengers, issues receipts, announces routes, and ensures passengers get out safely. Reports to Director-Transit, PART-TIME POSITION, SALARY; $12.00 HRLY.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
• Punctual in work attendance.
• The ability to deal calmly and courteously with the public.
• Transport people from one place to another on a transit bus.
• Operate bus by applying brakes, starting and stopping engine.
• Drive regular routes on a schedule.
• Announce next destinations.
• Drive through traffic and obey traffic laws.
• Deal with unruly passengers.
• Stop frequently, often only a few blocks apart and when a passenger requests a stop.
• Collect fares.
• Answer questions about schedules, routes, and transfer points.
• Report accidents or other traffic disruptions to a central dispatcher, and follow directions when using an alternate route.
• Assist disabled passengers.
• Check the bus tires, lights, and oil and do other basic maintenance.
• Follow tribal, state, and federal transit regulations.
• Keep passengers informed of delays
• Ability to multitask instantaneously.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
• GED/High School Diploma.
• Excellent motor vehicle driving record, with no accidents or moving violations.
• Must have a current and valid Minnesota Driver's License, Commercial Driver's License (CDL) preferred.
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check.
TO APPLY: Applications are being accepted at the Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.