DIETARY AIDE(S) - JOURDAIN/PERPICH EXTENDED CARE CENTER
JOURDAIN/PERPICH EXTENDED CARE CENTER
OPEN: Until Filled.
To provide food as may be directed and to assure that quality food service is provided at all times. Reports to Administrator, part-time position(s), salary; DOQ.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
• Review menus prior to preparation of food and prepare food in accordance with sanitary regulations, as well as the established policies and procedures and planned menus
• Assist in serving meals as necessary and on a timely basis
• Prepare food for therapeutic diets in accordance with planned menus
• Inspect special diet trays to assure they are correct
• Work with the Dietician as necessary and implement recommended changes as required
• Assure that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available
• Assist in inventorying and storing in-coming food and supplies as necessary
• Assist in daily or scheduled cleaning duties so that the department is maintained in a clean and safe manner by assuring that necessary equipment and supplies are maintained to perform such duties and/or services
• Maintain food storage areas in a clean and properly arranged manner at all times
• Assist in establishing food service production line to assure that meals are prepared on time
• Process diet changes and new diets as received from nursing service
• Maintain CONFIDENTIALITY of all pertinent resident care information to assure patient rights are protected
• Performs other duties as assigned
• GED/High School Diploma
• Must have experience in a hospital, nursing care facility or other facility and be able to cook a variety of foods in large quantities
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
• Employment contingent upon successfully passing Pre-Employment Drug/Alcohol Test and Background Check
• Prior experience in healthcare foodservice preferred
TO APPLY: Applications and copies of certificates/diplomas are being accepted at the Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 546, Red Lake, MN 56671 Phone (218) 679-1847.